Friday, July 12, 2013

Tumultuous

"So do not fear, for I am with you.  Do not be dismayed for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

2013 has been a year of change for my family.  It started with our move into a new home 5 days into January.  We joined the masses in doing a short sale on the home we purchased in 2006 so we packed up our belongings and moved into a rental house.

The next thing that changed was our family.  My husbands step-mother passed away on Memorial Day after a 3 year battle with cancer.  We spent two weeks with his father in Albany, New York to help in whatever way we could.

Yesterday my husband started a new job - a great opportunity came with God's perfect timing so he moved up the ladder in the world of wineries.

I am researching surgeons to have an operation that will hopefully put an end to the chronic pain I have been experiencing for the past two and a half years.

Our little man will start Kindergarten in the fall and shortly thereafter, our family will grow as my sister-in-law will be giving birth to another son.

It will be in our minds the year of change.  Some good, some hard, some overwhelming.  But through it all, I know that God is with us.  None of these changes have come as a surprise to Him.  None of it is hard for Him to understand.

So I am grasping for His truth each morning as I read His Word and try to soak in the message He has for me each day...my daily bread.  And as the tears stream at times, I will keep searching for His truth, His love and His presence.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment