Thursday, December 20, 2012

Plans to prosper you...

I was given a verse this week by one of my dear friends who is currently a neighbor but who will no longer be a neighbor once we find someplace else to live. 

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

What a wonderful verse to hold on to in this time in our lives and in the scheme of recent events.  God has plans to prosper us, not to harm us.  He has plans to give us hope and a future.  All we need to to is seek him with all our hearts. 

As we walk through this valley, I find myself seeking Him more and more.  Perhaps that is one reason for us to go through this upheaval.  In the midst of the busyness that is Christmas, I am keeping my mind and heart more firmly focused on Him because I realize I cannot do it without Him.

What a blessing to have a Heavenly Father to lean on.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment