Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Fair vs. Just

The definition of fair according to dictionary.com is "free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice". 

As I've mentioned before, I listen to a Christian radio station.  On Friday, I heard a little blurb on the way home from work.  The woman was speaking about God and how we sometimes think or say he isn't fair.  It isn't fair that someone is blind, or that a mother gets cancer, or that a small child dies.  But she pointed out something very interesting to me.  She said she was glad that God isn't fair.  For if he was fair, we would need to pay for all our sins.  We would be responsible for all our actions and He would need to hold us accountable for each and every one. 

Boy am I glad He is not fair.

Instead she said she is glad he is just.  So I looked up just at dictionary.com - "done or made according to principle; equitable; proper." 

Yes, I too am glad He is just.  I know that, although I cannot see the whole picture, I can trust that He is working all things for good as it says in Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose." 

While sometimes it may not seem fair to me, I can trust that God has my best interest at heart.  

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment