Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Next stage of life

Our little man started Kindergarten last Wednesday.  One of our friends put it so well - bittersweet.  My baby is growing up.  I am excited for him to make new friends and learn new things.  But everyday as I take him to Kindergarten, my stomach is in knots.  I miss having him at home with me.  I will miss so many things as he grows.

It is also complicated by the fact that I will be having a partial hysterectomy soon which means no more babies.  I started late and my body never recovered from having our little man.  It has been giving me nothing but trouble since I had him five years ago.  So I will have a part of myself removed and hopefully get back to feeling good.  But this too is bittersweet.  And all at the same time.

Which has made me cherish all the things I love that he still loves to do.  I love that he still loves to hold my hand when we walk together.  He still loves to cuddle in the morning when he wakes and in the evening before bed.  He still gives kisses and hugs before he heads into the classroom and pretty much any time you ask for one.  He laughs with abandon at breakfast.

I will continue to pray for God's perfect timing even if I do not understand.  The following is from an email a good friend sent:

"Hebrews 4:9-10 says:  There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his."  That doesn't mean "works" as in your job and housework etc..... it's ALL "works" .... everything we do including worry that we're supposed to let God take care of!  :)"

In His Grace...




No comments:

Post a Comment