Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Lord Sustains Me

"I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me." Psalm 3:5

This Psalm was written by David when his own son was trying to kill him and take his throne.  I cannot imagine the disappointment David must have felt at this point as well as the worry of what the next day would hold for him. 

But instead of lying awake at night worrying about the outcome, David says he slept.  He did what I find quite challenging whenever I have a stressful situation in my life.  He completely trusted God.  He knew the outcome would be whatever was in God's will and that worrying about it (and not sleeping) would get him nowhere. 

He waited on the Lord to take care of it.  I have a tendency to go over it again and again in my head.  Different things I could have said or should have said.  Different things I can still say.  I ruminate on it to the detriment of my sleep. 

I pray I will remember this verse the next time I am having trouble going to sleep because of worry.  And I pray that I will put all my trust in God and His perfect will.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment