Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Way of the Righteous

"For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish." Psalm 1:6

I finally finished Revelation and I definitely got more out of it than ever before.  Sometimes when I finish a particular part of the Bible, I wonder how to decide what section to read next.  Should I go chronologically or just pick and choose.  This time, I just felt the Psalms calling to me so I am making my way through them.

When I read the above verse, I found myself thinking, "why doesn't it seem like this is true so much of the time?"  I have known, and worked for, quite a few people that I would call wicked.  People that use other people and that seem to have no morals.  People that will take advantage of anyone and anything and use anything they can to their advantage.  How many people have you known that are obviously not following God, but still appear to be prospering - money, house, material things, jobs, getting ahead? 

Then it occurred to me, perhaps this is written from an eternal perspective.  Could it be that the righteous are being rewarded in heaven?  That while we don't see the reward here on earth, they will be richly rewarded in their eternal home.  And that while the wicked may seem to be getting ahead on earth, their way will perish when we arrive in our eternal home? 

I think this is so and I pray that we will keep our eyes set on eternity, not on the temporary world we currently live in.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment