Tuesday, October 22, 2013

We like to complain

While I am still reading Revelation, this post comes from something I read in a devotional called Jesus Calling.  It was from October 9th and it has been resonating with me since then as I have been battling first one cold followed without reprieve by another. 

"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe..." Philippians 2:14-15

We like to complain.  It is part of our humanness.  It is part of our fallen world.  But in this verse God is telling us not to complain to each other.  As Sarah Young says, "Whenever you are tempted to grumble, come to Me {God} and talk it out."  This is something I struggle with.  I want someone to commiserate with me, someone that knows how it feels to have a sore throat, a stuffy head and a nasty cough.  For some reason, although in my brain I know that Jesus was human in every way, I have trouble completely understanding His humanness.  He was tempted to complain just as we are.  He was tempted to sin just as we are.  But instead of giving in, he took it to His heavenly Father. 

I pray that I can increasingly do this also.  And that in taking it to my Heavenly Father, I will feel His compassion, His commiseration and His healing hand. 

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment