Thursday, October 3, 2013

Building Confidence

We have started praying for confidence for our little man.  He struggles with extreme shyness, especially when meeting a number of people for the first time.  It became very apparent that it was something that we needed to give to God on Wednesday when he and I visited my  husband's new workplace.  It was our first visit there and so we walked around to meet everyone.  Our little man spent the entire time clinging to Daddy and hiding his face from everyone we met.

While I know this is not uncommon or unusual in children, it is something we would like him to work on.  From past experience we also know that no matter what we say, it will not change.  I can give him the words to say, I can provide him with tips on how to behave. But after doing this without success, the best thing I can do, and the first thing I should have done, was give it to God.  My verse today ties into this fairly well:

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.  And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14-15

Isn't that wonderful news?  As long as what we are praying for falls within the will of God, we can be confident that he will give it to us.  So we will pray for confidence for our little man, to be confident in who he is in Christ, a beloved Son of God Most High, a child of the King, just the way he is, the way God knitted him in my womb.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment