Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Abundant Love of God

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I (Jesus) have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

"...that you may be filled with all the fullness of God..."Ephesians 3:19

Our church has something they call the Equip hour.  It is in the hour before the service starts and they invite different leaders of the church to teach on a variety of subjects.  The idea is to better "equip" us as churchgoers to share the gospel in our daily lives.  The sessions are usually six or eight weeks long and until recently, my  husband and I had not participated.

But the current session is titled "Living in the Light = Living in Freedom" and it pulled on both of us.  We missed the first session but at the second session I got the handout from the first session.  The teacher, Bobbie Hicks, is a member of our church that is a strong Christian woman who has been walking with Christ for a long time. 

This is a excerpt from the handout for session 1:

"It is the very nature of God to deepen and grow those who choose His love.  There is no stagnation in a healthy relationship with God.  He never meant for us to be dwarfed or experience deficit in our relationship with Him.  There is no limit in God's love invitation to us.  There's always more abundance available." 

So in the next six to eight weeks, I am hoping I will learn how to tap into that abundance.  How to "have life, and have it to the full..." John 10:10.

I will share what I learn as I go.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment