Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fear God Not Man

Last week, on my way home from work, I heard a blurb from Luis Palau on KLOVE.  He was talking about Moses and he said something that struck a chord with me.

When the Lord wanted Moses to go speak to Pharoah, at first Moses didn't want to.  But in the end, he did it anyway.  Moses feared God more than man.

This idea really hit home with me that day.  I let my fear of what others will think stop me from doing things that God tells me to do.  I let it stop me from spreading the Good News.  I let it stop me from obeying God in things in my marriage, in parenting, in my job.  I have feared man more than God.  But as God said to Moses, "Who gave man his mouth?  Who makes him deaf or mute?  Who give him sight or makes him blind?  Is it not I, the Lord?" Exodus 4:11

The Lord made me, He loves me and He wants the best for me.  It seems the least I can do is to obey and fear (respect) Him.

I pray that as opportunities arise, I will fear God more than man.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment