Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Worrying

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.  Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.  Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them.  And how much more valuable you are than birds!  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?  Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12: 22-26

I could have spent the weekend worrying about an issue at work.  That is what usually happens.  My mind just keeps returning to things - issues at work, with family, with friends - and without realizing it, I am worrying.  The thoughts consume my mind unless I take control.

But this past weekend, I did my best to take control.  I had an issue I wasn't looking forward to resolving at work and my mind returned to it over and over again.  But each time, at some point I realized what I was doing.  I stopped myself and prayed about it in another attempt to give it to God.

He rewarded my efforts.  When I arrived at work on Tuesday, the issue had been resolved and it didn't require anything from me.  God handled it when I gave the worry to Him.  He is in control, not me.

I pray you can turn something over to God that has been bothering you and see what He does with it.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment