Friday, March 15, 2013

Numb

"To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure.  In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted."  Titus 1:15

Are our consciences corrupted? Has our society moved so far from God's plan that we have no consciences left?  Is this why so much in our society seems to have taken a downturn?  Our movies are more violent than ever, our TV shows are more graphic, even our video games and cartoons have taken a dangerous turn.  We seem to have become numb to that which was detestable 50 or 100 years ago. 

I witnessed something yesterday that reassures me that I am not numb.  I witnessed a little girl hit by a car.  I did not see the actual impact, but I saw the little girl rolling away from the car.  I saw the mother gather her baby in her arms and sit in the street crying out in fear.  I heard the little girls anguished cries for her mother.  I saw the gold, sparkly shoes lying in the street.  It is a picture I cannot remove from my mind.

I ache for this little girl and her mother, her whole family.  I do not know what happened.  I know that she was taken to our local hospital and then she was transported to a hospital that specializes in children's medicine.  I will most likely never know the outcome.

But I am reassured that I am not numb.  As I have grown in my faith, so much in our society has become unpleasant to me.  I do not want to watch the movies, or the television shows. 

I ache for the family...and so I pray...

In His Grace... 



No comments:

Post a Comment