Wednesday, March 6, 2013

We are Rich

A couple of years ago, our pastor did a sermon series called Rich.  He provided some startling statistics that opened my eyes and gave me a different perspective on our finances.

Please do not quote me as I do not have the actual statistics written down, but it was something like this:

If you don't feel rich but you have a car and a roof over your head, you are rich. 

If everyone around you makes more money than you do but you have a refrigerator full of food, you are rich. 

If you can buy a cup of coffee on a regular basis, you are rich.

You get the idea.

But here in America, we lose sight of the things that make us rich in relation to the rest of the world.  We compare ourselves with the "Joneses" up the street that have a bigger house, the fancier car, the nicer clothes.  We forget that for much of the world population, having a roof over their heads is a privilege.  Owning any form of transportation is a privilege.  Knowing that you have food to eat for the next several days is a privilege.

I have all these things and much, much more.

And I have the most important thing of all - a relationship with Jesus Christ.

I am rich.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment