Thursday, February 14, 2013

Laughter

Laughter is a wonderful thing.  Sometimes we don't do enough of it in our family.

The other evening, after we put our little man to bed, my husband and I were sitting down to watch a movie.  He went to the bathroom before we sat down.  He had only been in there a few seconds and one of our cats came out.  This cat has a habit of sleeping on the rug in the bathroom - don't ask me why.  The cat saw me sitting on the sofa and came over to hop up in my lap.  He did his usual circle, knead my lap a few times and curl up.  I put my hand on his back to give him a little love but quickly removed it when I felt it was wet. 

Now I'm not saying anything about my husband's aim in the bathroom, but at that same moment, my husband emerged from the bathroom.  I said to him, "the cat is wet, did you pee on him?"  He looked at me smiling slightly, and started chuckling but he didn't say no.  He said, "is he wet?"  I said, "yes....did you pee on him?"  My husband was really starting to laugh by this time as was I.  He said, "no, I didn't pee on him, are you really asking me if I peed on the cat?"  I said, "yes, he came out of the bathroom just after you went in and his back is wet." 

General hilarity ensued, both of us finding it quite funny that I would even ask him if he peed on the cat (of course I didn't mean he aimed at the cat, but rather that his aim into the toilet wasn't perfect).

The laughter made for a great evening.  So why don't we laugh more often?

God created us to live in joy "Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy." Psalm 126:2  But so often we are caught up in the busyness of life that we don't take the time to see the joy offered each day. 

I challenge you to fill your mouth with laughter this week.  Look for the things God brings to you each day that can bring joy into your life and that of your family.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment