Thursday, February 7, 2013

Uniquely Made

I am truly enjoying the Equip hour that I am attending at church on Sunday mornings.  Last Sunday was packed with eye openers - things that seem so obvious after someone else says them, but that I would never have thought of on my own.

For example, we are all uniquely made.  Even twins are unique - their personalities, tastes and talents are not exactly identical to their sibling.  This is obvious.  There is no one in the world exactly like me.  There are people with similar traits, similar ideas, similar talents, similar beliefs.  But God made me to be me and He only made one of me.

So when the teacher said that each of us is uniquely made to reveal some of God's glory, there is no one else that can reveal God's glory in exactly the same way as me, it really opened my eyes.  This means that if I choose not to reveal God's glory through the talents/gifts that God has given me, the world will miss out on something of God. 

WOW!

Is that an AHA moment for anyone else?

God leaves it us to us.  He gave us free will to choose to love Him or not.  And in that same option, He is giving us the choice to share His glory in a way that no one else on earth can. 

So if I do, it will impact the world in one way (when I say the world, it obviously impacts those around me the most but we never know what sort of far-reaching effects we can have) and if I don't, that will impact the world a different way.  But if I don't share God's glory in my way, then that piece of God's glory will not be revealed.

I say again, WOW!

I pray for the courage to uniquely reveal God's glory to others.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment