Friday, December 14, 2012

Being Overcomers (Part II)

Also taken from my earlier posts, another great reminder to continue to seek God through this trial.  I will overcome "through Christ in me".

"I have overcome the world..." John 16:33

"...and the gates of Hades will not overcome it..." Matthew 16:18

"...but the Lamb will overcome them..." Revelation 17:14

"He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son (daughter)" Revelation 21:7

How amazing that when we got to church on Sunday, one of the things that kept coming up again and again during our Pastor's sermon was to overcome.  As I mentioned in the previous Overcome post, this topic keeps coming up in my life.  And I have prayed about what it is that God is wanting me to learn.  The only thing I keep coming back to is that He wants me to understand that we can and will overcome. 

Whatever it is that you are struggling with right now - whatever sadness, whatever illness, whatever difficulty, whatever trial, whatever sin - you can and will overcome through "Christ in you" Colossians 1:27.  He lives in you when you ask him into your heart.  And even though it may not feel like it right now, as you keep looking to Him through the tough times, He will lead you to overcome any difficulty you might face here on earth.  He is preparing a home for you in heaven and you are His beloved child.

I pray you know this truth...

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment