Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Shalom

As I mentioned previously, we are reading an advent devotional every day as a family.  We are hoping it will help us to teach our little man the true meaning of Christmas and it is also helping us learn the true meaning of advent. 

As we read the devotion on Sunday, it was speaking of "shalom" which in Hebrew is the word for peace.  I was, of course, reading aloud to my family as I read about God's peace. 

The tears started to stream.  I am feeling anything but peace right now. 

The hustle and bustle of getting ready for Christmas. 

The search for a home.

Even the idea of packing up all our belongings (I haven't started yet).

It hasn't felt peaceful.  I feel an inner turmoil that I try to give to God...and then I snatch it right back as I dive into the next item on my list.

I couldn't finish reading the devotion - my husband had to take over for me.  "Allow the peace, the shalom of Christ to rule and reign in your own heart this Advent season.  Know that God's intent is to make you whole in every area, inside and out, until the day He renews all things and establishes justice on the earth." Hope Arriving by Dan Wilt

I pray that I can find the shalom of Christ in the days ahead.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment