Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Trusting God

Ironic isn't it, how we can pick up something to read, thinking that we are picking it up of our own volition...but realizing, as we read, that it was no coincidence that we picked this particular thing at this particular time in our lives?

So it would be for me as we continue reading our advent devotional by Dan Wilt.  Today, "In God We Trust"...again, a message that feels as if it was written just for me, right now.

"...He will swallow up death forever.  The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; He will remove His people's disgrace from all the earth.  The LORD has spoken.  In that day they will surely say, 'Surely this is our God; we trusted in Him; let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation."  Isaiah 25:8-9.

As we continue in this advent season, giving thanks for the coming celebration of the birth of Christ, I feel as though God has personally reminded me to trust in Him.  Trust in Him and lean on Him. 

He knows that is is hard for us to trust in Him.

He knows what is happening in my life right now. 

He sends his reassurance through Scripture. 

All I have to do is open my heart to it.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment