Monday, October 8, 2012

Feeling like a failure

As we headed into the whole process of doing a short sale with our house, I was feeling more and more like a failure.  

I don't take well to failure.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I was a perfectionist growing up.  If I didn't think I could do something and do it well, I just didn't do it at all.  I worked hard in school to earn good grades.  I wasn't doing it for the right reasons.  I was trying to win approval from others.  But that doesn't change the fact that I did not allow myself to fail. 

In losing our house, we failed.  We made a bad decision to buy a house we couldn't afford at the wrong time.  We messed this one up and it was leaving me feeling empty, dark and alone.

Today, as we sat in church, there was a flash of reassurance.  I don't really know how to explain it but I just felt a reassurance from God. 

We are experiencing this for a reason.  I don't know what that reason is, I just have to lean on Him and trust in Him. 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart..." Proverbs 3:5

He will use this experience for His glory.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment