Monday, October 15, 2012

Insight

Our small group has been doing the study based on the movie Fireproof.  It has been a good study on marriage.  But it also has some more far reaching truths. 

For example the command "Love each other as I have loved you."  As we were discussing verses like this one, I had a light bulb moment. 

God loves all of us so much and he commanded us to love each other unconditionally. 

I need to be loving some people that are very difficult for me to show love to.  It was just a flash of insight for some very specific people. 

It doesn't just mean that I am to love my husband or my son unconditionally.  It means I am to love everyone - my enemies, my friends, my neighbors, my family, my husbands family, total strangers - unconditionally.  I am to be showing them love, regardless of how easy or difficult it is to do.  I dare say that God enjoys it even more when we continually show love to those that are the most difficult to love.

When the Pharisees asked Jesus what the most important commandment was, he answered, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul with all your mind and with all your strength.  The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself.  There is no commandment greater than these."  Mark 12:30-31

It is a commandment.

It is my challenge.

Sometimes I wish I didn't have light bulb moments.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment