Friday, October 26, 2012

Over and over again

Why does God have to teach me the same lesson over and over again?  Why can't I learn it the first time around and then not go back again?  Why do I keep returning to the same patterns again and again like my 4 year old son?

On my way home from work today, I was thinking about the trials we are going through right now.  I was thinking how some people we know seem to think they are not very difficult trials and it feels as if we are being judged for losing our house or for asking for prayer for an unknown health issue.  

But then I had a light bulb moment.

I am focusing on what others think of my situation.  I am focusing on getting the approval of others.  I am focusing on getting attention from other flawed human beings.  I am focusing in the wrong place.

I wrote about this toward the beginning of my blog (Following my Faith).  I would seek the attention, prayers and fellowship of other Christian women but when they would pray with me or empathize with me, I felt they didn't get it.

It doesn't matter if they get it or not.

God gets it.

It says in Scripture "And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." Philippians 1:6

He is still working on me, He is doing his good work within me and all I have to do is seek Him.  Him in all His glory, Him in all His mercy.

Him in all His understanding, compassion and love.

God gets it, whatever you are going through, He gets it.

He is with you and He loves you.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment