Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My house is not my home

I have shared that we are getting ready to do a short sale on our house.  It has been a difficult decision and process for me.  While I know that my house is just a building, I have developed an emotional attachment to it. 

It is where we lived when our son was born. 

It has a great backyard. 

It is small and easy to clean. 

It is where we lived when we were both baptized.

It is where we have spent the last 6 years of our lives.

I understand that financially, it is a good decision to sell.  But emotionally, there is a struggle within me.

"For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands."  2 Corinthians 5:1 NIV

My home here is just that, an earthly tent.  Not a permanent place to reside.  God has a place prepared for me in heaven, an eternal home with Him.

"...And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Psalm 23:6 NIV

And I will have the privelege of living with Him forever in my eternal home. 

I pray I can remain focused on that.

In His Grace...


No comments:

Post a Comment