Friday, November 16, 2012

A Loving God

Have you ever heard the question "How could a loving God ever send anyone to hell?"

Our pastor recently expounded on this question in one of his sermons.  I had heard this question before.  I had heard it used to explain away the existence of hell.  And to explain away the existence of a loving God. 

I loved what our pastor said.  He said it is a trick question.  As usual, I am so blessed by the messages God gives our pastor.  The more information I have, the more equipped I feel to go into the world each day and pursue and share my faith.  "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man [woman] of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16

Why is it a trick question?

A loving God does not choose to send any of His children to hell.

It is our choice.

He gave us the gift of free will.  We can either choose to follow Him, to love Him in return for the love He bestows upon us - or we can choose to go the other way.  If we choose to go the other way, we are choosing hell.  It is not God's choice for us.

"I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me." Proverbs 8:17

I choose God, I choose His love, I will continue to seek Him and find Him.  I pray you will too.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment