Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Restored and Renewed

As I've mentioned before, we are in the process of doing a short sale on our house.  For those unfamiliar with the term, it means we are trying to sell our house for less than we owe on it.  We cannot afford it any longer, and we are waiting to hear if the bank will approve the amount that was offered for it.

As I sat in church on Sunday, I felt the Holy Spirit telling me that there is a reason we will be moving.  It is part of Gods plan.  It will glorify Him and provide Him with more opportunities to use us to advance His Kingdom.

When we moved to this house we were new to Christian faith.  We made mistakes, as all humans, Christian or non-Christian, do.  But this has hindered our ability to be used by God.  There are those in our current neighborhood that cannot or will not forgive or forget the mistakes we have made.  Because of this, we cannot be witnesses to those that are unbelievers that will not forget.  So God is moving us...to a new neighborhood...where we can be strong witnesses of God's unending, merciful love.

This is my prayer:

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.  Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.  Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."  Psalm 51:10-12

I pray that as we move to a new neighborhood, we will not make the same mistakes we have in the past.  We will "Love our neighbors as ourselves" so that we may bring others to know Christ's love.

In His Grace...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment