Friday, November 30, 2012

A God-Given Purpose

Do you ever wonder what your purpose is? 

I hear and read that God has a unique purpose for each of us.  Sometimes I wonder what mine is.  I am not an author that can influence numerous people through my books or stories.  I do not work in ministry, leading others to Christ.  I am not an outgoing person who talks easily to strangers.  By trade, I am a bookkeeper, balancing accounts and crunching numbers.  I sometimes don't even see my clients, the business owners I work for. 

I have a nephew who is driven to be a lawyer.  He has known for quite some time what he wants to do with his life.  On the other hand, I still didn't know what I wanted to do with mine even after I earned my bachelor's degree.  I felt this gave me less of a purpose.  I believed the world - that you must know what you want and go after it in order to have a purpose.

God gave me an insight today on my way to work - I do have a God-given purpose.  My God-given purpose right now is to build up my husband to be the man God wants him to be and to raise our son "...in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it" Proverbs 22:6.  I don't know why God gave me this insight today, but I felt it very clearly as I drove toward work. 

My work is my work - it is not my life.  My life is much more important than my work.  My work is temporary - the influence I can have in my life can be eternal.

What's your purpose at this time in your life? 

In His Grace...


No comments:

Post a Comment