Thursday, November 15, 2012

Breaking all the commands of God's law

"A person who follows all of God's law but fails to obey even one command is guilty of breaking all the commands in that law." James 2:1-10

Again, I am sobered by Scripture.  As I read through James for our small group Bible study, I become aware of the fact that I am guilty.  Because I fail to obey even one command of God, in God's eyes it is the same as breaking all the commands in His law.

His grace, mercy and love for us is a wondrous thing.  How else would we ever be able to come to Him?  How else would we ever be able to know His love and experience eternal life with Him?

It is only because of His amazing plan.  His sacrifice for us.  "For God so loved the world [us] that He gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16

It is difficult to fathom.

I can't earn it.

I can only accept it.

In His Grace...




No comments:

Post a Comment