Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I am a Christian

Our small group is studying the book of James.  We are using the James bible study book by Max Lucado.  We just finished Lesson Three, Living Proof. 

One of the questions in this Lesson is "In what ways does your life demonstrate to others that you are a Christian?"  I thought about this question prior to going to the study this evening.  But I hadn't truly answered it.  I find it is a difficult thing to answer without sounding like I am bragging.

I don't swear.

I try to control my emotions.

I present a pleasant face to the world, even when life isn't so pleasant.

These are fine answers.  But really, what ways does my life demonstrate to others that I am a Christian?  I think what it boils down to is this.  I treat others with respect, the way I would like to be treated.  Whether they are in the room or not.  Whether they deserve it or not.  It is difficult, it is challenging, I sometimes fail. 

To me it comes down to loving others...when they deserve it and when they don't.  Giving others the benefit of the doubt.  Not gossiping (I sometimes fail here) but treating others how I hope to be treated myself. 

Is it easy?

No.

Is it worth it?

Absolutely.

I want God to look at me and say "well done good and faithful servant." 

I pray He does.

In His Grace... 

No comments:

Post a Comment